Friday, January 2, 2015

goals for 2015

Most of the time I do not like to share my goals with the world as it feels too personal.  This year, though, I am going to share a partial list of my goals in hopes to inspire you to make a few of your own.  Every year I make some, and though I never finish complete them all, I am always glad for the things that I did accomplish.  Here is a part of my list for the coming year.
  1. Read 12 nonfiction books.  I prefer fiction 9 times out of 10, but nonfiction books help me understand things I would not get from reading a novel.  Foreign to Familiar and How Children Succeed are two great examples.
  2. Finish the Spanish portion of Duolingo.  I started sometime last year or the year before, and have no excuse for not finishing this year.
  3. Learn to can salsa or dill pickles.  Two foods that I cannot get enough of, why should I rely on others to make them and give them to me.
  4. Complete my hexagon quilt.  I started it in the fall and has a good start.
What are some of your goals for 2015?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The quilt is looking good.

We should have a salsa canning party come August. I've got the canner and plenty of jars. Perhaps you'd want put in a garden with a good number of tomatoes, jalapenos and onions. Then between your produce and mine, we could make at least a few month's supply.

Melanie said...

Hi Clair,

I think it's good to share goals, so thank you. My goal last year was to read through the Bible. I made it through, but it was 11:30 p.m. New Year's Eve that I finished! I enjoyed reading Foreign to Familiar last time I was in the States. I had some mysteries solved and hunches confirmed through that book, and would recommend it to anyone travelling.

I love the hexagon quilt! It looks like you're making great progress.